Thursday, February 10, 2011

Multnomah Falls


One of the benefits of unemployment and a mild winter is the ability to go on mid-week hikes and not bump into someone every 10 feet like you would in the summer. I had forgotten that winter is such a great time of year to hike in the northwest. I also tend to take for granted how close I live to so many beautiful places.

I hiked from the base of Multnomah Falls, which is the tallest waterfall in Oregon and rumor has it the third tallest in the country . . .

All the way up to the tippy top (which is a really long upward mile) where you can stand on a little platform and look down . . .

And then back to see two more falls and back within two hours.

I also realized that the new camera we purchased is a piece of crap. It's a Fujifilm Finepix XP10 and it takes really crappy pictures. We purchased it because it's small and waterproof and we can take it kayaking in the summer without fears of it getting submerged, but still I feel like it should be able to take a decent picture. I think my non-smart, 3-year-old cell phone takes a better picture then this.

3 comments:

  1. Wow this waterfall is incredible! I'm planning some hikes to small waterfalls around me in the next couple of weeks.

    Sorry about the camera drama. I wish there was a way to test them for a weekend before making the purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful, but I have a confession to make: I hate hiking. : O ( I've done it a few times, and it's one of those things I always think I will like and end up groaning and muttering about how I'm a city person the whole time. Lol...

    ReplyDelete