Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Grrrr....

It appears that I am mathematically challenged. I went to the fabric store with the measurements for the fabric needed to create the border and the backing of my quilt. I knew that I needed 90 x 90 inches for the back as well as enough fabric to make two 17 x 60 inch panels and two 12 x 90 inch panels for the borders. It seemed simple enough, I added the measurements together and thought I bought the proper amount. However, when I started making the panels I realized that I was going to be about a foot short. Now I am stuck with a 6 foot piece of worthless white fabric,who uses plain white fabric, and am probably another week away from actually finishing this thing.

3 comments:

  1. No worries! You'll get it done and it will be perfect. And you can use all that white fabric for the back of a mini quilt for the cat!

    PS. My post today was mostly for you. It's all about the garden, complete with pictures! : O )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I should make a little cat quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally ignorant of measurements. I cannot wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete