Thursday, January 20, 2011


The house we rent is almost 100 years old, and is full of all the charm and quirks that you would expect from a 100 year old house. My little painting adventure that should have taken 3 days tops has expanded into 2 weeks. I made the mistake of buying paint with primer mixed in thinking it would save me time. Instead it has made it impossible to touch up the walls because the spots that get touched up also get reprimed and painted making those areas two or so shades darker than the rest of the wall, meaning that the whole wall needs to be repainted. Combine this with the funky plaster we have that refuses to take paint easily and I am about to apply a third coat of paint.

I also moved a picture frame that has been up for the last 3 years and discovered a funky old rusty nail coming into our house from the outside. I have no idea how or why it suddenly busted through into our house or when it was hammered into our house, but it's here now. I decided to take the lazy renter's route and paint over the nail instead of patching it.

Then today I discovered that the ancient lock on our front door is busted so that the screws holding the lock to the door no longer fit and our house doesn't lock. grrrrrrr . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment