Thursday, October 14, 2010

Light Reading


Since attending law school and working at the courthouse, my taste in reading and movies has changed to the lighter side of things (conversely, my sense of humor has taken a proportionally darker turn). I see and read enough serious things during the day that when looking for entertainment I tend to cozy up to something light.

Recently, I have been enjoying the Josephine B series by Sandra Gullard. There are three books each covering a different time period in the life of Josephine Bonaparte. They are historical fictions covering her childhood in the Caribeen, her life in France during the Terror, her marriage to Napoleon, his rise to Emperor, and what I can only assume since I haven't gotten there yet, his demise, all told through her journal entries. If you are looking for something light and entertaining, I recommend this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment