Thursday, May 20, 2010

Birthday Reflections

Happy birthday to me! Some years I face my birthday with dread, kicking and screaming my way into the new year. But every once in awhile there is a birthday like this year where I face it head on, confident that it will be a good year. For once I feel ready to be my age, and am comfortable with the fact that this will be my last year of my 20s. I am sure part of this has to do with the fact that I am very happy with my life. This year I face the new year surrounded and supported by wonderful friends and loved ones (which I do every year), embarking on the start of my career, and happy with my self. I am more confident and willing to put myself out there then I have in the past. And while I am not exactly the weight I would like I am stronger and fitter then I have ever been and I am okay with that. So this year I am giving myself a little toast to a great new year/end of a decade.

2 comments: